Friday, July 13, 2012

Falling Off


Every now and then I fall off the face of the Earth.  Those of you that have been friends with me for a prolonged period of time, know this and have experienced it.  I sincerely hope that none of you have ever taken it personally or thought that I was being aloof.....I simply just disappear into myself for awhile and this is sometimes why.....


I get a little engrossed in crafts....ie...obsessed.

I am not entirely sure why it happens or when it will strike but when it does, I can't stop. I can't sleep until I finish and there is simply an overwhelming need to create that I just cannot not seemingly quench.

My latest obsession is crochet flowers.  Until yesterday, I was only able to crochet squares of varying size and only one stitch (the shell stich) which, though pretty, it was not satisfying me anymore.  I had tried to read the patterns on the back of the yarn and bought books to tell me how to become more skilled but had failed miserably and crocheted what only could have been described as various body part warmers.....use your imagination people.  I fooled myself into thinking that I could somehow sew these onto a larger tube that I could crochet and fashion a sweater....another epic fail.

My newest obsession

Well, I blame Pinterest partially for my recent fall from Earth since I found a lady that actually explained things in a way that made sense to my obviously crochet challenged pea brain...and now, I can crochet...wait for it....FLOWERS!  Heehee.....and headbands, and I even crocheted a hat from scratch and added a.....FLOWER!  See......



So, please forgive my lapse in blogs and my lack of presence....I can't help myself when I am struck with the overwhelming need to create...I may be obsessed..addicted...OCD (or CDO for those of you that actually need to put the letters in order).  Perhaps I need an intervention.....I can stop at anytime though...just one more flower I swear...

Help me :)











4 comments:

  1. Love it, nice hat... looking forward to seeing much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, little miss Outlaw....lol. I love your screenname! I totally forgot to post the dresser that I painted too....you know it's bad when you forgot something as big as a dresser!

      Delete
  2. Super cute! I will take two, one for me and one for Jay. You pick the colors ;)

    I totally understand, it happens to me, often. You, however, are lost in creating something, I just get lost!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brit! Since that was my first one, I figured out some things to do differently to make it better! I will get on making you the hats..lol. I am sure that you could make one on your own you crafty minx! :)

      Delete