Saturday, July 14, 2012

Addendum...lol

In my last post Falling Off, I completely forgot to post the my Goodwill dresser that I refinished!  You know your crafting has gone into overdrive when you are able to forget to include a project as large as a dresser.  Wow.  I really do have a problem....perhaps I do need an intervention. 

Anywho...not sure if addendums are allowed in the blog world but I am doing it anyway...hehe...I am a rebel!

Here she is before ...still in Goodwill before I had decided to buyer.




Here is the process in pics...

Removed the hardware
First Color (Yellow Wash in Acrylic)


Decided to add Island Blue




And....drumroll please......my Island inspired dresser!



I painted the hardware that used to be brass....came out great but need a clear coat or something.....



This is my first ever repaint/refinish of a dresser and was done without paint brushes and with plain acrylic paint from the craft store and paper towels.  Not bad for having none of the proper stuff!





1 comment:

  1. Very nice. BTW, you are hilarious! Not to many people can take a dresser remake post into something funny. Well done my friend, on multiple fronts :)

    ReplyDelete